Suzanne Robertson-Malt, Dagmara Riitano
This book examines the important role public engagement can play in evidence based healthcare and translation research. After reading this book the reader will be able to:
- define public engagement as it pertains to translational science;
- review existing models and highlight examples of good practice;
- demonstrate the important role the public has in guiding the assessment, implementation and evaluation of research within the healthcare system;
- promote a more proactive, developmental approach to engaging the public; and
- choose a method of engagement best suited to their organization's needs.