The 2013 NP of the Year award honors excellence in clinical expertise, leadership, community service, and education. The award will be announced in the June 2013 issue of The Nurse Practitioner and presented at the National Conference for Nurse Practitioners opening ceremonies in Nashville, TN, May 1-4, 2013. The winner will also receive a complimentary full conference registration to this year's program.
|Figure. No caption available.|
Who is eligible?
Eligible nominees include NPs who have made significant contributions to the NP field in at least two of the categories listed below:
* Directed, provided, and/or developed practice or policy that affected a large number of people or a special population
* Uniqueness and innovation
* Advanced the NP profession
* Contributed to new knowledge or practice
* Gained the attention of local or national leaders (leaders can be in nursing, community, politics, etc.)
* Had a substantial and positive impact on public health or the health of a special community or patient group
How do I nominate someone?
Nominations should be made in writing and include a letter explaining how the candidate met the award criteria, and any pertinent data, tools, teaching displays, pictures, or other material to support the nomination letter. Letters and supporting materials should be mailed to Lippincott Williams & Wilkins, Conference Dept., 323 Norristown Rd. #200, Ambler, PA 19002. Deadline for submissions is March 31, 2013. For more information, contact Karyn Cousart at Karyn.Cousart@wolterskluwer.com.