Ready to shake off the winter blues? Get ready to pack your bags and head to Disney's Coronado Springs Resort in Orlando, Fla., for the Nursing2009 Symposium (May 6 to 9). Shaped by feedback from nurses like you, this popular annual nursing conference has something for every nurse who cares for patients in any setting. Here's just a sample of over 40 educational sessions you can choose from this year:
* Emergency!! Is there a nurse in the house? Learn to respond with coolheaded competence if you're first on the scene at a healthcare emergency outside a healthcare setting.
* Snap, crackle, pop-fractures made fun. This practical workshop makes orthopedic trauma understandable (and even entertaining!!) for nurses who don't specialize in orthopedics.
* A dignified future: Ethical issues in long-term care. If you think the field of ethics offers no "right" answers, you're in for a surprise.
* When sweet goes sour[horizontal ellipsis]new concepts in managing type 2 diabetes. Here you'll find new and provocative information about caring for our "sweetest" patients.
* Leadership skills for the successful charge nurse. If the buck stops with you, you'll want to hone your leadership skills at this session.
* Reclaiming compassion at the bedside. Recharge your commitment to compassionate patient care by learning how to cultivate caring behaviors in new nurses and in your own practice.
* Surviving and thriving in the crazy world of nursing. Get ready for belly laughs about some of the bizarre experiences only nurses can relate to!!
While you're at the conference, kick back and enjoy Disney's Coronado Springs Resort, a lovely first-rate hotel set around a scenic lake-just minutes away from Disney World attractions. Don't forget to pack your sunscreen and bathing suit; the average daytime temperature in Orlando in May is in the mid-80s.
Appropriately, this year's Nursing2009 Symposium will be held during Nurses Week. What better way to celebrate your passion for nursing than to connect with equally committed colleagues from across the nation and around the world? It's Disney, but it's not Mickey Mouse!! See you there.
|Figure. Visit booths in the exhibit hall for "freebies," plus information on new technology and career opportunities.|
|Figure. Nurses who've prepared poster presentations are happy to chat with conference attendees about their projects.|