View Entire Collection
By Clinical Topic
By State Requirement
Diabetes – Summer 2012
Future of Nursing Initiative
Heart Failure - Fall 2011
Influenza - Winter 2011
Nursing Ethics - Fall 2011
Trauma - Fall 2010
Traumatic Brain Injury - Fall 2010
Fluids & Electrolytes
Hospitals are among the best employers for people age 50 and over, according to an annual report from the AARP (American Association of Retired People). On this year's list, 12 of the top 35 best places to work are hospitals that have taken steps to address the needs of an older workforce, such as retraining retired nurses, offering flexible working hours, and providing phased retirement options. The report noted that the health care industry is working hard to keep mature nurses on the job. The health care industry was also the largest single group in last year's list of 25 best employers.
The 12 health care industry employers on the list are:
1. Scripps Health, San Diego, Calif.
2. SSM Health Care, St. Louis, Mo.
3. Scottsdale Healthcare, Scottsdale, Ariz.
4. Beaumont Hospitals, Southfield, Mich.
5. New York University Medical Center, New York, N.Y.
6. Bon Secours Richmond Health System, Richmond, Va.
7. St. Mary's Medical Center, Huntington, W.Va.
8. Centegra Health System, Woodstock, Ill.
9. North Memorial Health Care, Robbinsdale, Minn.
10. West Virginia University Hospitals, Morgantown, W.Va.
11. Loudoun Healthcare, Inc., Leesburg, Va.
12. The Methodist Hospital, Houston, Tex.
Sign up for our free enewsletters to stay up-to-date in your area of practice - or take a look at an archive of prior issues
Join our CESaver program to earn up to 100 contact hours for only $34.95
Explore a world of online resources
Back to Top