HEALTHIER AGING: New outlook for age-related macular degeneration
JO-ANN GRAZIANO RN
DEBBIE RICH RN, BS
CAROL A. COVELL RN, MS
KATHLEEN A. TOBIN RN, BSN

$3.95
Nursing2014
March 2007 
Volume 37  Number 3
Pages 22 - 24
 
  PDF Version Available!

ABSTRACT


COVELL, CAROL A. RN, MS; GRAZIANO, JO-ANN RN; RICH, DEBBIE RN, BS; TOBIN, KATHLEEN A. RN, BSN

Carol A. Covell is executive vice president for patient services; Jo-Ann Graziano is nurse-manager of the Morse Laser Center and the PACU; Debbie Rich is the manager of ambulatory care; and Kathleen A. Tobin is quality assurance nurse-reviewer at the Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary in Boston.

THE LEADING CAUSE of vision loss in people age 60 and older in the United States is age-related macular degeneration (AMD). 1 But new treatments can slow the progression of the more devastating form of AMD. In this article, we'll tell you when to suspect a patient has AMD, how to care for her, and what to teach her about the disease and treatment.

Wet and dry damage

Chronic and progressive, AMD is described as either wet or dry. About 90% of patients have dry AMD, which typically progresses more slowly than the wet type. The remaining 10% of ...

Purchase Now !

To purchase this item, follow the instructions below. If you’re not already logged in, be sure to enter your login information below to ensure that your item is saved to your File Drawer after you purchase it.

Not a member? Join now for Free!


Cost:$3.95
1) If you're not already logged in, enter your information below to save this item in your File Drawer for future viewing.

User name:


Password


Forgot your user name or password?
2)  If you have a coupon or promotional code, enter it
here.(If not, just click Continue.


Digital Coupon: (optional)

3)  Click Continue to go to the next screen, where
you'll enter your payment details.






jQuery UI Accordion - Default functionality

For life-long learning and continuing professional development, come to Lippincott's NursingCenter.

Nursing Jobs Plus
Featured Jobs
Recommended CE Articles

Debunking Three Rape Myths
Journal of Forensic Nursing, October/December 2014
Expires: 12/31/2016 CE:2.5 $24.95


Drug updates and approvals: 2014 in review
The Nurse Practitioner, 13December 2014
Expires: 12/31/2016 CE:3 $27.95


Can Food Processing Enhance Cancer Protection?
Nutrition Today, September/October 2014
Expires: 10/31/2016 CE:2 $21.95


More CE Articles

Subscribe to Recommended CE

Recommended Nursing Articles Evidence Based Practice Skin Care Network NursingCenter Quick Links What’s Trending Events