View Entire Collection
By Clinical Topic
Diabetes – Summer 2012
Future of Nursing Initiative
Heart Failure - Fall 2011
Influenza - Winter 2011
Nursing Ethics - Fall 2011
Trauma - Fall 2010
Traumatic Brain Injury - Fall 2010
Fluids & Electrolytes
Test your expertise with this quick quiz.
1. What's themost commonreason patients undergo hip or knee replacement surgery?
b. rheumatoid arthritis
c. bone tumor
d. avascular necrosis
2. Approximately how many Americans have chronic headaches?
a. fewer than 10 million
b. 25 million
c. 35 million
d. more than 45 million
3. What percentage of American adults have a diagnosable mental illness in any given year?
4. How many years have researchers been working to develop a cancer vaccine?
d. more than 100
5. Psoriasismost commonlystrikes between ages
a. 6 and 14.
b. 15 and 35.
c. 36 and 55.
d. 56 and 70.
6. What percentage of people over age 85 have Alzheimer's disease?
c. nearly 50%
d. almost 100%
7. How much does the normal adult brain weigh?
a. 1 pound
b. 2 pounds
c. 3 pounds
d. 4 pounds
8. What's the leading cancer in men?
9. What's the leading cancer in women?
10. In what year was smallpox declared eradicated globally?
11. In some women, migraine is strongly linked to
a. increasing progesterone levels.
b. falling estrogen levels.
c. breast implants.
12. Which of the following groups shouldn't be treated with a fentanyl skin patch to manage pain?
a. children younger than age 2
b. patients with cancer
c. patients with short-term pain
d. a and b
e. a and c
13. Which of the following statements is false?
a. Fungal nails usually clear up without treatment.
b. Fungal nails can cause discoloration.
c. Discolored nails may indicate that fungus is present.
d. Antifungal medicine may cause headaches.
14. How many bones are in the human foot?
15. Certain amounts of gluten in foods can cause a serious reaction in people who have
a. celiac disease.
e. inflammatory bowel disease.
16. Which sensation typically describes restless legs syndrome?
d. a feeling of insects crawling inside the legs
e. all of the above
Sign up for our free enewsletters to stay up-to-date in your area of practice - or take a look at an archive of prior issues
Join our CESaver program to earn up to 100 contact hours for only $34.95
Explore a world of online resources
Back to Top