Buy this Article for $7.95

Have a coupon or promotional code? Enter it here:

When you buy this you'll get access to the ePub version, a downloadable PDF, and the ability to print the full article.

Authors

  1. Bohan, Eileen
  2. Glass-Macenka, Deanna

ABSTRACT

Approximately 30% of primary brain tumors are meningiomas; 90% of these are benign. The remaining 10% have aggressive pathological features and significantly higher recurrence rates. Treatments include surgery, radiation therapy, and other medical therapies. Management of these patients involves vigilant neuroradiological imaging, follow-up visits, symptom management, and ongoing patient and family teaching. Even with aggressive treatment modalities, morbidity and mortality rates remain high.