Writing for a nursing journal is a great way to advance your nursing career, get your voice heard, and share your particular nursing perspective on topics important to you. Lippincott NursingCenter hosts more than 50 nursing journals
and we want to hear from you!
As a digital editor for NursingCenter, I’ve really enjoyed learning more about the nursing profession and sharing my thoughts and ideas with our members. I frequently get asked by nurses how they can share their writing with NursingCenter. Getting published in an established, authoritative, peer-reviewed nursing journal is a great way to get involved.
Many of our journals are looking for talented nurses to write for their publication. Some of these journals include:
• American Journal of Nursing
• Computers Informatics Nursing
• Home Healthcare Now
• Journal of Christian Nursing
• Journal of Forensic Nursing
• Journal of Pediatric Surgical Nursing
• Journal of the Dermatology Nurses’ Association
• Journal of Trauma Nursing
• Nursing Research
• Nutrition Today
(See specific instructions for this journal in our blog, Consider Writing an Article for Nutrition Today
• Orthopaedic Nursing
You can see all of our nursing journals on our Journals page
. Follow their Information for Authors instructions, and you will be well on your way to getting published. With our Editorial Manager system, the online submission and electronic peer review process is a breeze. There’s always assistance available for those who need it; most journals have production editors and managing editors who are very helpful.
As a bonus, I’ve compiled some resources for getting published in a nursing journal from us and around the Web:
• How Journal Publishing Really Works
• Tips for Getting Published in a Nursing Journal
• How to Get an Article Published in a Nursing Journal
• Writing in the Digital Age
• The Editor’s Handbook, 2nd Edition
• Writing for Nursing Publication
Establish yourself as an expert in the nursing community and spread that nursing knowledge around by writing for our nursing journals.